Friday, June 29, 2012

i miss you most (possible)

i miss you most (possible)

I could die right now, Clem. I'm just...happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be. 

i miss you most in the mornings

when i have to face the day
and slip from between the sheets
where i have dreamed and you are still possible

i miss you most in the early sunshine

when i am alone in a parking lot
or sitting in the coffee shop
where the day is potential but you aren’t possible

i miss you most at the pauses of the day

when i hear a word and turn to find
and you rush over me and smile
through the layers of you in memory possible

i miss you most every single time

when i see others hand in hand
aching for that second when you held mine
and i should have stayed there because it was possible

i miss you most in the drift toward darkness

when night is inevitable and closing in
and i can steal away again to sleep
where dreams and you and possible are possible

i miss you most

No comments:

Post a Comment