Thursday, February 20, 2014

misfire (trigger warning)

misfire (trigger warning)


Michael Dunn pulled the trigger

Jordan Davis just one in a car of four
playing music loud and black died

justified? we cried

the verdict lied! we cried


in a black and white video from 1963

Baldwin speaks with his hands and determination
a white wisp of cigarette smoke crossing his black face

"Well, I know this,
and anyone who has ever tried to live knows this:
what you say about somebody else,
anybody else,
reveals you." …

“We have invented the nigger.
I didn’t invent it.
White people invented it.” …

“But if I am not the nigger,
and if it’s true that your invention you drew,
then who is a nigger?
I am not the victim here.” …

“And I give you your problem back.
You’re the nigger baby.
It isn’t me.”


Dunn’s hand held a gun
aimed at a thug he invented

three fingers pointing back
a trigger warning
a misfire

No comments:

Post a Comment